Rental One Limited complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes To This Policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who Do We Collect Your Personal Information From
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information or disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- Checking any of the details contained in this application form with third parties including any tenant information database and the New Zealand Transport Authority
- Making inquiries with third parties in relation to my creditworthiness, including any credit reporting agency
- Placing any of the information regarding my identity supplied on this application form on a national online database
- Using any of the information contained on any Tenancy Tribunal Order to assist the enforcement of any unsatisﬁed Money Order made against me by listing details of the order on an online national database
- Using any of the information on this application form to assist in the enforcement of any unsatisﬁed Order made against me by the Tenancy Tribunal
- Debt recovery purposes including appointing an agent to collect any outstanding debts and listing defaults with any credit reporting agency
- Checking the Ministry of Justice ﬁnes database. This may be undertaken by a credit reporting agency on our behalf which will require my personal information to be collected by and disclosed to the credit reporting agency
I understand that any credit reporting agency to whom you may disclose my personal information may:
- Hold that information on their credit reporting database;
- Use that information for the purpose of credit reporting or for any other lawful purpose;
- Disclose that information to their subscribers for the purpose of credit checking or debt collection of for any other lawful purpose
Protecting Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing And Correcting Your Personal Information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information.
Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the
correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.